Jim Chaston grew up in the Western U.S., attending Arizona elementary and junior high schools, then permanently moving to Arizona to attend college in 1991. He graduated from Arizona State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Accountancy and a Master of Taxation.
Jim has worked in accounting for over 30 years, starting his own CPA firm more than 19 years ago. His firm specializes in working with local small business owners to save them money and be successful.
In addition to helping Arizonans through his CPA Firm, Jim has served on a variety of boards, including:
- Maricopa Unified School District Board
- City of Maricopa Chamber of Commerce
- Gila Bend Chamber of Commerce
- Boys and Girls Club Auxiliary Board
- Maricopa Little League Board
- ASCPA IRS Liaison Committee
- ASCPA Arizona Department of Revenue Liaison Committee
- Multiple Non-Profit Boards
- AAATP Board
- Glenmere Homeowners’ Association Board
Jim also served as a City Finance Director, worked with County Water and Sewer Districts, and Tribal Governments and enterprises working in their accounting and budget systems.
Jim has been married to his wife Pamela for 30 years and together they have three children. He enjoys completing in Triathlons, Spartan Races, and other activities to bring out the best in himself and to see just what he is capable of.